On the 20th July 2017 we will be undertaking some exciting developments, which will help use the space we have more efficiently.
We are relocating the dispensary into the current Nurses Room & Health Care assistant rooms (room 4 & 5).
The Nurse will be moving to Room 8, this will be set out differently so that the room functions better.
The Health Care Assistant will move into the current Dispensary between Rooms 1 & 2.
This will mean that prescriptions will be ordered and collected directly from the Dispensary rather than reception area.
We would like to ask all patients that are due to order or collect their repeat prescriptions between the 19th & 26th of July do so early. This will help to minimise disruption to the Dispensary service.
PLEASE NOTE:- As of the 01.09.2016 You must register for Patient Access to order you repeat prescriptions.
You are no longer able to order repeat medication via our surgery website.
Please click here to print the form. Once you have completed the form please return it to the surgery, along with two original forms of up-to-date identification,
one photo identification e.g. passport and one proof of address.
Once you are registered. You will be able to order your repeat medication.
You may also use https://www.i-patient.net to order your prescriptions online. The majority of our patients use https://patient.emisaccess.co.uk/account/login. You may use either provider.
If you live more than 1 mile from a chemist, your prescription will be dispensed in the surgery.
Repeat Prescriptions can be ordered by registering for Patient Access, posting or handing in the slip provided when you last received your medication.
Alternatively, you may telephone the prescription order line on 01335 360328. It is open 10:00- 18:30 on Monday to Friday.
- Allow at least 2 working days before collection and collect within 2 weeks
- Confirm the full name and date of birth of the person the medication is for
- Specify the names of the drugs you require
- Ensure that you bring enough money (£8.60 per item - cash, devit card or cheque) or proof of exemption with you when you collect your drugs.
- You will be asked on registration if you want to collect your prescriptions for Brailsford or Hulland Ward. Please note that other than in exceptional circumstances this will not be changed.
- Patients using Prescription services will need to allow additional time for the Prescription service to dispense their medication; and further time may be needed for deliveries. A minimum of a week is advised.