Booking an Appointment
- Access the online appointment system
- Phoning the surgery 01335 360328
- Coming to reception and booking in person
- Consultant Connect
During the covid-19 pandemic
- Routine appointments can be booked in advance. Urgent appointment are available on the day by phoning after 08:00
- All GP appointments are telephone first, the GP will then agree a time to see you face to face if they/you feel it is needed.
- When you arrive at the surgery for your appointment please use the intercom to let the receptionist know you have arrived or use our mobile self check in by clicking this link https://8151.jayex.net/webcheckin/
- Please make an appointment for each member of the family that needs to be seen.
- Appointments are normally ten minute slots, so if you have a complicated problem, or more than one problem, please ask for an extended appointment.
- We try to keep to time, but please be patient if we are running a little behind.
You have a right to express a preference for the practitioner and we will do our best to give you an appointment with the Doctor of your choice. Should your preferred Doctor not have a free appointment you will be offered an appointment with one of the other GPs in the practice.
You will never be refused to see a Doctor if one is available. If you no longer need your appointment please let us know as soon as possible.
- From 15th June 2020 all patients attending GP surgeries across Derbyshire will be asked to wear face coverings. It will also be compulsory to wear face coverings on public transport and in hospitals in England.
- To protect Patients and Staff, we ask that all patients please wear their own face covering when attending the practice, as well as continuing to follow hand washing and social distancing guidelines.
- As per government guidance, exemptions apply to very young children, people with disabilities, those with breathing difficulties and those who are caring for someone who relies on lip reading.