We would like to acknowledge the problems we are encountering with our telephone system at the practice, please be assured that we are working on a solution, there are many factors that are effecting the system and we are working closely with our providers and the CCG to improve the phone service.
- There are times when the phone is very busy, these tend to be Monday & Tuesday Morning’s. We encourage all patients to phone during these times if they have a urgent requirement. Please see below for other ways to access the information you need.
- For alternative ways to order your prescriptions please see the prescription page.
- For non urgent medical enquiries you can use the e-consult tab on the main website page. These will be responded to in 48 working hours.
- For test results please phone after 10am or register at the practice for online services, and request access to your full medical record. See our online services page.
- For administration queries, you can email us at [email protected]
- You can contact us via our Facebook page, however this is not continually monitored and can take up to 8 hours for a response.
December 2019 Newsletter
A little trip to the dentist
- The practice will be closing at 1pm on Thursday 24th June 2021. The practice will reopen at 4pm
- Stop the spreadAnyone can spread coronavirus. 1 in 3 people don’t show symptoms. You could be passing it on without knowing. Act […]
- COVID Vaccine UpdateThe first Phase of the NHS COVID-19 vaccination programme has started. When it is the right time people will receive […]
- A update from the Partners
- Due to the coronavirus outbreak, how you contact us will be different at the moment. This is to limit face-to-face contact whenever possible and help stop the spread of coronavirus.Your GP practice is open and if you need to see your GP, please ring us on 01335 360328. You […]
- Prescriptions collection line
- Hulland Ward UpdatePrescription Collections From Monday 22nd February 2021 you will be able to collect your prescription from Hulland Ward, when ordering […]
- Supporting Victims of Sexual Violence
- UK Government COVID-19 Recovery Strategy
- COVID-19 Privacy NoticePlease click the PDF above to view our COVID-19 privacy notice.
- Domestic Abuse – Where to get help during the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Digital Isolation Note (for those needing to self-isolate and cannot work)A digital isolation note (in place of a Med3 or fit note) is now available online. This has been created […]
- PRACTICE UPDATE & INFORMATIONBrailsford Medical Practice has implemented the following measures to protect patient and staff safety. We are now operating a telephone […]
- Coronavirus and Requests for Doctor’s Notes (Med3)Derby and Derbyshire Local Medical Committee (A copy of this letter is available to download or print below) Dear Patient […]
- Guidance on social distancing for everyone in the UK and protecting older people and vulnerable adultsBackground and scope of guidance This guidance is for everyone. It advises on social distancing measures we should all be […]
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It’s caused by a virus called coronavirus. Stay […]
- Self Care
- NHS England Advice for patients – continuity of medicines supply if there is a no-deal EU exitThe government is working closely with the NHS and suppliers to help to ensure medicines and medical products continue to […]
- ReSPECT – Summary Plan for Emergency Care and TreatmentPlease find a link below that will take you to the ReSPECT process website. This website gives details about what […]